brnaeem’s Famous “Reese’s Puffs To-Do List” Meme Tag
February 16, 2008 § Leave a comment
This meme was cooked up by chef brnaeem, an American Muslim of Pakistani heritage currently living in Saudi Arabia, as something to moisten our palate and appease our appetite for the interesting and unusual. Therefore, I would like to honor the tradition of brnaeem, by giving it my best shot at being “interesting” and “unusual”. Lets see how I do shall we.
- Post these rules before presenting your list.
- List 6 actions or achievements you think every person should accomplish before turning 18.
- There are no conditions on what can be included on the list.*
- At the end of your blog, choose 6 people to get tagged and list their names.
- People who are tagged write their own blog entry with their 6 suggestions.
- Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged.
- Optional: You can include the image of the ridiculous Reese’s Puffs list in your post as a reference.
MEME: 6 Things A Person Should Accomplish Before Turning 18
- Being born seems like a nice start.
- Remember the promise we made to Allah Almighty before our birth.
- Learn how to suckle breasts.
- Circumcision: For males, highly recommended; for women, optional.
- Acquire the fiqh and proper Islamic manners for using the toilet.
- Memorize the components of ritual ablution and the ability to distinguish the furud from sunnat for wudu & ghusl (a rare knowledge today).
- Extra Credit: Before learning how to make the salah, we must first learn how to climb onto the back and hold the neck of someone making the salah (only parents with naughty children will understand).
Unfortunately, this meme forced me to realize how much we need to learn; how much we need to know and how much we need to accomplish in this life. So much that the first 6 things that came to mind all needed to be accomplished before 18 months of age. Some of which many in their 30s, 40s and 50s have not learned.
This is why, if we are following the sunnat of the Holy Prophet (may Peace and Blessings be upon him) we are going to have a head start. If we are not, may Allah Almighty have Mercy on us, as-salaamu ‘alaikum.
*By the way brnaeem, thanks for this, I finally get to add the “Humor” tag to my blog.