Meme: 7 Weird Things
November 23, 2007 § 5 Comments
OK, so I’ve been tagged by IzzyMo. To comply with good blog manners and protocols, I’m supposed to put 7 weird things about myself out to the public. The only problem is that I’m a pretty normal guy, hey I may wear a turban, leather socks and surmah (charcoal smeared on the eyes) while riding the New York City subway, but aside from that I’m a pretty normal guy. But I’ll stretch my imagination a bit, pay my debt and honor this trust (amana) among the blogging community with the list below:
- I am a pretty good singer.
- I like tight creases ironed into my shalwar.
- Growing up, I went to over 10 different elementary schools.
- My father toured with El DeBarge in the 80s, I catch hell about this from the Naks-i’bendis.
- I can remember my mother being pregnant with my younger brother. And we are only 20 months apart.
- I moved to New York City with $500.00 in my pocket from Portland, OR with no family, no friends and no job when I was 18 years old.
- When I was born, the doctors assisted my delivery using forceps. As a result of mishandling, I was born unable to open my left eye for several weeks.
This is about all I can come up with. I’m not sure if these are weird or interesting enough for a legitimate meme of “weird things” but I gave it a shot. Thus I have fulfilled my obligation to the blogging community and I tag Muhammad-Nur, Alex and Iris Blue. as-salaamu ‘alaikum…