Book Meme: An Experiment in X-Cultural Communication
December 18, 2006 § 2 Comments
1. Grab the book closest to you.
2. Open to page 123, go down to the fifth (complete) sentence
3. Post the text of next 3 sentences on your blog
4. Name of the book and the author
5. Proceed to Tag 3 others: The method I used was to enter the author’s name into a blog search engine and choose a three blogs from various places in that list. However you may choose a different method if you wish, there are no limits to creativity with this. I think the point is to establish a link that may bridge more than just a meme at some point.
“They draw their inspiration from their faith. Those who take the opposed position, those who believe in exclusion, also draw their inspiration from their faith. However, they interpret their faith in a literalist and narrow manner; those who are not like them are beyond pale.” (Akbar S. Ahmed, Islam Under Siege)