DhimmiWatch: American Muslims are Unconvincing
October 27, 2006 § 4 Comments
Hugh Fitzgerald of the DhimmiWatch blog wrote an article entitled, Muslim Behavior in the U.S. and Europe. This article compares the state of affairs between Muslims in the states and those in Europe with their surrounding societies. Fitzgerald suggests that the Muslim population in the U.S. is less of an influence to society for several reasons:
- Muslims only make-up 1% of the population or approximately 3 million in number compared to the 5-10% in European countries like Britain and France.
- 2 Million of the total population of Muslims in the U.S. are “Black Muslims” associated with the Nation of Islam movement pioneered by Elijah Muhammad. A group whose interpretation of Islam was rejected by Islamic Scholars of Al-Azhar University (Cairo).
- Europe is crippled by its culture of atheism, while the U.S. has a spirit of Christian and Jewish orthodoxy which will inspire more resistance to Muslim’s interests here in the U.S.
- The infectious culture of antisemitism in Europe allows for Muslims to create political and socio-economic allies all throughout Europe.
- Muslims do not benefit from national programs supported by taxpayers in the U.S. like that of Britain or France for example.
Fitzgerald goes on with this quibbling drivel about Maronites, forced-conversions then ends the article with a little tidbit about Mike Hawash. Personally, I think the article made some good points but not for the reasons that Fitzgerald intended, I’m sure. However, the majority of it was consistent with the DhimmiWatch blog’s previous posts, where he creates hypothetical circumstances and reinforces the Muslim as America’s boogeyman with claims like,
“But what if there were not 3 million Muslims (two million of them identified as belonging to the “Black Muslims”) but rather 15 million — that is, 5% of the total population — or even 30 million, or 10% of the total population, as may already be true in France? Wouldn’t local Muslims, already so aggressive and unyielding in the demands of their so-called representative groups (e.g. CAIR), be far more aggressive and even more demanding, even more uncooperative with the authorities on matters of security, even more aggressive in demands to changes in our legal and political institutions, in our schools, in our social understandings and arrangements, in our everything?” (H. Fitzgerald, DhimmiWatch)
Articles like this are entertaining for us Muslims but at the same time annoying, like if J-Lo were to find the National Enquirer reporting that she and PDiddy recently gave birth to Siamese-triplets who can speak fluent English at 2 days old… its news to her, you know?